Due to the pressing need for our services, we are now offering a limited number of free 30 minute consultations by phone or Zoom. Please click here for more information or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule.
Scandent Learning provides support for parents who are educating their kids at home, whether they are homeschooling by choice or temporarily undergoing home-educating or distance learning due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Parent support is available ONLINE or BY PHONE.
We offer a wide variety of supports, including:
- one-time consultations, to provide suggestions and advice
- ongoing check-ins and mentoring to support home-based education
- detailed plans, curriculum, or projects that parents can implement with their children
- hybrid support, including support for parents and online tutoring for their kids
- other configurations, as needed
Who we serve:
- Families with kids of all ages, from preschool through college
- Families that include diverse learners
- Families that have a broad range of educational goals including academic progress, executive function, socialization, cultivating a particular skill, creating curiosity and a passion for learning, or anything else!
Custom packages are available, depending on the level and duration of support you’re seeking. The basic hourly rate is $80.
WE NOW OFFER FREE CONSULTATION. Due to the dramatically increased need for our services, we are now offering limited availability free 30 minute consultations. Please contact us if you have questions about our services and how we can be of assistance to you.
Who we are:
Rae Goodman-Lucker is a licensed, National Board Certified teacher, with a Masters in biology and 12 years of classroom teaching experience. She is also a homeschool parent, educating her two children. She has also worked as a tutor, a director of wilderness and nature programs, a director of youth programs, and an educator providing classes for homeschool students. She has taught preschool through medical school students.
Kerrick Goodman-Lucker is an experienced educator with a Masters in museum/experiential education. He has taught social studies, English, engineering, and life skills. He also has a Permaculture (urban agriculture and sustainability) certification and experience in nonprofit management.